Tri-County Health Centers
Caring for Our Communities
To facilitate patient and information flow within the practice and between other health agencies.
Office Manager/Lead Nurse
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers multi-line telephone system.
- Accurately records all patient calls in eCw and relays messages timely. Urgent messages are handled immediately.
- Greets patients, reviews and updates patient data including the additional info screen with current information at all patient visits, and forwards the appropriate changes to the Billing Office.
- Utilizes computerized appointment scheduling, and schedules and cancels appointments.
- Electronically inform providers of all no-show appointments and contacts patient to reschedule. If not able to reach,
sends an appropriate no-show letter and tracks document electronically in the patient chart.
- Electronically scan all patient insurance cards front and back and place them in the tab: Insurance Card.
- Discusses charges with the patient at the beginning and/or at the end of each visit and collects appropriate co-pay and payment.
- Make referral appointments to specialists and record them electronically in the patient chart.
- Make appointments for tests or exams as ordered by the providers and record electronically in the patient record.
- Prepares and prints patient receipts for each payment received.
- Runs a report in eCw and balances the receipts received at the end of each business day.
- Eligibility verification for patient insurance coverage.
- Records deposit on TCFM Deposit Log sheet and daily transport deposit to the appropriate central bank.
- Pull and file applicable patient charts.
- Responsible for sending HIPAA-compliant record release forms when requesting all patient records.
- Responsible for sending copies of HIPAA-compliant Tri-County patient records when requested.
- Responsible for mailing daily correspondence at the post office and sorting incoming mail.
- Assist the nursing staff with patient care functions or filing as needed.
- Responsible for completing disability and misc. insurance forms prior to provider signing. Prior to mailing the form the document will be scanned into the patient record and filed in Patient Forms with the appropriate naming label.
- Scanning correspondence in the appropriate tab of the patient record.
- Responsible for informing the Office or Lead Nurse of template change requests.
- Review weekly Unassigned Documents (D jellybean, verifying documents that are attached to telephone encounters are completed/reviewed. Telephone encounters that are not completed/reviewed are left for completion.
- Hours may vary as schedules are adjusted.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Minimum of 1-year medical office experience preferred and proficient with computers. Prior
experience with electronic medical records is preferred.
Regular contact with patients, other employees, salespeople, visitors, and medical staff.
Sitting with intermittent standing and walking, lifting and bending.
Possible exposure to infectious disease, lifting, and bending.